As per the requirements under the laws of Portugal, the Ocean Azores Foundation states the following sources of funding (as of 1 April 2021.)
- Solar Branco Lda through sales of Baleia Gin (minimum of €1 per bottle)
- Bars in the Azores who sell Baleia Gin are required to make a minimum donation of €12 per bottle
- Solar Branco Eco Estate and Hotel (a donation made as part of the guest stay)
- Additional donations from guests staying at The Solar Branco Eco Estate
- Donations raised through local events
Further sources and a full audit report will be prepared and published here on this website. The foundation does not take any funds from the government or EU institutions and is entirely self supported. You may contact us for further details.
Note: The projects listed do not necessarily designate official status with the charities or groups mentioned. For all updates see the specific project page.